May 01, 2006

Red Shoes



I had put the second graduate doll aside while I waited to see what sort of response the first one would generate on eBay. You may remember, it's the one with the pink high-top sneakers. There would be no sense working away on this one if the other one wasn't flying off the auction block. As of last night I had a bid, so now I'm feeling more enthused about Number 2. She'll have red shoes, red finger nail polish and a red "2006" embroidered on her scarf. Just enough red, I think. Who knows, she may grow up to be a Red Hat Lady....

And speaking of that, I found out this weekend that the people who publish the Chicken Soup books are going to do a new one about Red Hat Ladies. I've decided to submit a story for consideration, based on the experience of one of my friends who is a recreation director for a local nursing home. Always interested in looking for ways to enhance the lives of the residents, she decided to start up a Red Hat group. She put the word out, and got a tremendous outpouring of support. I think it's worthy of a write-up.

So hubby's out looking for a good deal on a GPS system for the car. Men will do just about anything to avoid having to ask for directions. I told him I was neutral on the whole thing. And if it requires technical know-how to operate it, I might not be the appropriate navigator. By the time I find my reading glasses and figure out which button to push, we'll be past our turn-off and he'll be just as upset with me as if I had mis-read a map. My friend has one that talks to you. If you take the wrong road, it tells you in a nice way. I might be able to go for that. And then maybe it could immediately lead you to the nearest Baskin Robbins so you could get a cone with a double scoop of Rocky Road and feel a whole lot better about how modern technology is improving our lives.....

No comments: