May 18, 2006

Dust mop blocking begins



I decided to do a little blocking of the dust mop sweater. I put Mr. Sheep on the job to watch over it....just to make sure Loretta and the others don't wander over to have a little picnic. Since Big City Girl will be home this weekend for a short visit, and to attend a friend's graduation party, I would like to see how it's going to fit. Mostly, I want to see about the sleeve length. Although I don't look forward to shortening the sleeves, a little more frogging and tinking isn't going to kill me. After all, I'm really good at it now.

So I finally met our new next-door neighbor today as I was leaving to go shopping. We exchanged some small talk, and I told him that hubby and I would stop by to say hello and meet his wife over the weekend if they were going to be around. "We'll be here on Sunday," he said, "but on Saturday we'll be going to our daughter's college graduation." To which I replied that we would be attending our daughter's graduation the following weekend. I can hardly wait to tell BCG that now, after more than 22 years, she finally has a playmate in the neighborhood who's just her age!

The sun is finally out here in Connecticut and people are smiling again. Even the birds are happy. The hummingbirds have been at the feeder, the cardinals are spashing around in the birdbath and the bluejays are hogging the gazebo feeder. Yesterday I spotted a wild turkey strutting across a lawn nearby. I wonder....can the mosquitoes be far behind? Or the bats? Which reminds me of a great story. It's called "Hubby the Bat Slayer." But it will have to wait for another day.....

No comments: