May 10, 2006

A treehouse....almost


I have nothing crafty to show today. Actually, I'm not in a very good mood and it's all Loretta's fault. I thought I'd have her finished today, but I put the ruffled collar on her and pinned the wings on, and it's just not right. The color is off. So she'll just have to sit here for now while I stew about it.

I took this picture of my craft room some time ago, as you can probably tell from the snowy scene outside. This used to be Tech Guy's room. The day after he moved out, I moved the paint cans in. In fact, I think they may have been sitting out in the hall before he actually moved out, and I believe he was a little put out that I was, maybe, chomping at the bit.

I remember when both kids were teenagers and I was having an especially difficult time putting up with their $%@!...... I mean, dealing with their issues. I gave some thought to using some of my craft fair proceeds to hire a carpenter to build me a treehouse. It wouldn't need much furnishing, because I'd just sit out there and knit or read. But there would be one very important accessory I would need, and that was one of those rope ladders that I could pull up behind me. Well, that and maybe a can of Raid. I even thought of putting a little basket on a rope that I could lower down for bribes. If they promised not to fight anymore, and sent up plenty of Snickers bars, I might be convinced to come down.

But things do change, and today Big City Girl called from her office in NYC, where she is now working for a tour company, just to say hi. She says she likes her job, and she mentioned that a lady called to inquire about a tour of Greenwich Village for her Red Hat group. During their conversation, BCG mentioned that her mother was a Red Hat Lady, and not only that, she was a Red Hat Lady who makes Red Hat Lady dolls. So nice of her to be thinking of me! I did remind her though that I would be going on vacation shortly and would be taking a break from dollmaking......to which she said, "Well, you wouldn't go if I got you 40 orders would you?"

So I'm going to give Loretta a little "time-out" while I go do some laundry or something. Maybe I'll knit a few rows on the dust mop.......

No comments: