May 12, 2006

Little primitive cat



It's a rainy day here in the east, and a good time to stay inside and organize the craft room, and stuff a little primitive cat. I'm planning to paint him black, and that reminds me of Halloween, so I included some pumpkins just to brighten things up.

The two on the left are ones I made out of paper clay. The one on the right is a painted rock, made by a friend's daughter. I have two more of her pieces--a house and a cat, also made from rocks. I should have included them in the picture, but I didn't think about it. I will do that when I take a picture of the finished cat......if I remember......

Ladybug Loretta still sits. I think I know what the problem is. When I was taking a journalism class in college, the professor told us that sometimes we would become very attached to certain parts of our writing. We would think it was some of the best writing we'd ever done and possibly worthy of a Pulitzer. We would find it extremely difficult to just let it go when it didn't work with the story. Loretta's wings just aren't working with the story. They are shimmery and wonderful, and a nice garden green. But they just don't work with the rest of her body. So I need to do some hard editing. While I wait for a solution, I'll start sketching out plans for a garden angel who might be happy to inherit Loretta's wings. I'm sure I have an envelope around here somewhere.......

Unfortunately, little Ms. Red Shoes didn't sell on eBay, so she will stay right here with me in the craft room. Actually, I'm not too disappointed. I think I will change the "2006" to "1997" and she will be my graduation gift to me....... just a little bit late. Then we'll have a party......with cake......

No comments: