April 23, 2006

The loot



The trip yesterday to Knitters' Heaven was a success! I found the yarn for Big City Girl's sweater, and a very nice saleslady helped me find a substitute for the expensive stuff. Actually, I was all set to buy the expensive stuff, but there wasn't enough of any one dye lot to do the whole thing. The yarn I ended up with is similar and was a little more reasonably priced. You may remember that I'm worried about the sweater becoming a dust mop, based on BCG's history of using her floor as a closet. Maybe she will feel so honored to have such a magnificent handknit sweater that she'll use the nice hanger I plan to give her along with it. I can only hope.

I have no multiple picture issues, since I didn't even take my camera out of my purse. I do that a lot. I think I need to hang it around my neck so I have it handy. "The other Marcia" (as we affectionately call each other) took lots of pictures, so when she gets her pictures posted to her blog, I'll just send you over there.

The highlight of the day (other than a very nice lunch at the Dockside Restaurant in South Hadley, Mass. and oogling all that yarn) was the talk given by the Yarn Harlot (aka Stephanie Pearl McPhee) who, in addition to having a very successful blog, has written three humorous books on knitting. I bought her latest one, "Knitting Rules" and waited in line to have her sign it. She wrote, "For Marcia....Obsession is Normal." She thinks I'm one of those folks who obsesses about knitting...heh...heh...

What I've been obsessing about is the ladybug doll. After making the butterfly, I got the silly idea to make a ladybug. Whenever that happens, my mind doesn't rest until I have it planned out. Today I sketched it. Now, it's just a matter of time until I dive into the fabric stash. I mentioned it to hubby (a regular reader of Scientific American) and he just can't understand how I can do the wings, since he says they have outer ones and under ones. "Not to worry," I tell him. "I'm going to make whimsical ones."

So tomorrow I'll be doing a little sewing on the second graduate doll (the one with red shoes) and designing whimsical ladybug wings........right after I get home from a long dental appointment to fix the tooth that I broke on soft bread.......

No comments: