April 17, 2006

Egg hunt



So about an hour before the kiddies were to arrive for Easter dinner yesterday, I decided maybe I'd put together a little egg hunt in the back yard. I remembered how much they used to enjoy hunting for eggs when they were little, and I was hopeful they'd still have some of that youthful enthusiasm. I was right! You can see how excited Big City Girl was to find the first egg. In fact, she had found several eggs before Tech Guy had found any. You can see that he wasn't quite as enthused. I must say that in my enthusiasm to hide the eggs, I had forgotten about the old tantrums and the crying about the unfairness of it all. Lucky for me, though. They both had matured somewhat and took it all in stride.

The eggs were the plastic ones that are suitable for hiding things in, and I figured that money would be the best surprise. Some were filled with dollar bills, others had quarters, two had silver dollars, one had rubber bands and one had ten pennies. At the end of the day, things turned out pretty much as I predicted. They left me with the rubber bands, the pennies and the hard boiled eggs, and they made off with the chocolate and the "Food of Love" dessert.

You may remember an earlier post where I talked about making bean bags out of fabric scraps. In my stash, I had 3 bean bags made from a crossword puzzle print. I had gotten them out to give to BCG because she has become quite a fan of crossword puzzles. As soon as she saw them, she smiled.....and began to juggle! It seems that, in addition to reading college textbooks and writing term papers, she also learned a few circus tricks.

So in just a few weeks, I will be the proud mother of two juggling college graduates. And I guess if corporate America lets them down, they can always run away and join the circus......

No comments: