April 25, 2006

Feeling Witchy


Yes, I am feeling a little witchy today. I think it has a lot to do with this being my week for "probing." You may remember my little jaunt to the hospital last Thursday for what was to be my first probing....but I just didn't know it then. Tomorrow I'll be off to the endodontist for a root canal. More fun resulting from the horrible soft bread I bit into a couple of weeks ago. But it will all be over soon and then I can get on with the real fun--making a ladybug! So now I'm having trouble getting this to separate paragraphs.....so there will just be one today. (Pretend there's a break here.) I took a little road trip today to a fabric store I had never been to before. A couple of days ago I realized I was about out of the fishnet print that I use for the red hat lady stockings. And calls (to save $gas$) to the two stores where I've gotten it in the past were disappointing. So now I'm stocked up on stocking makins' and don't you know they had a wonderful red for the ladybug....did I mention I was thinking of making one of those? (Another break. Just pretend.) This is a little witch I made last fall, and sold on ebay. It was fun knitting a boa in a color other than red! The pumpkin was fun and very easy. I just cut a circle of fabric, gathered it around leaving enough space for the twig (from my yard), then stuffed it nice and firmly. I tied a strip of homespun fabric around the twig. I may have coffee-stained it too--don't remember. The boots, which don't show in this picture, are green polka dots-- same green as boa. (break, break, break) So another reason I'm feeling witchy is because of the dust mop sweater. I've started it several times, and have had to frog it (Knitting term for ripping out.....while tearing hair out at the same time). So before I was completely bald, I emailed my friend and knitting guru (aka "the other Marcia") who just happened to have the pattern at her fingertips, and she will help me figure it out when I go down to her house tomorrow for a spinning lesson. Maybe I'll take my camera. Maybe I'll even get it out of my purse. Do check out Marcia's blog though because, as I mentioned before, there are pictures of our adventures at Knitters' Heaven....and she even got a decent picture of me! Thanks, Marcia! Well now.......I think I need a break.......

No comments: