April 11, 2006

Coupla Cuties



Meet Dottie and Beatrice. They're sitting pretty for their photo. And I think they're ever-so-much cuter than the buzzard couple I can see from my window, roosting on the neighbor's chimney. As I've said before, I grew up in a city-like place....so I'm always surprised and amazed at the vast array of wildlife I see right here in my own neighborhood. I'd get a photo, but my zoom just won't do them justice.

But back to the beauty queens. Dottie is all finished and has made her way onto eBay. Beatrice is almost done. I still haven't figured out how to attach her wings. In the past, I used glue for things like this. But I've found that the dolls hold together much better and have a longer life if I stitch as much as I can. This would not be a problem, except that Beatrice is painted and I also applied a clear sealing coat. It gave her a nice satin sheen, but getting a needle through it is next to impossible. For now, she's sitting while I ponder this predicament. I would like to get her up on eBay too, since she's a nice little thing for Spring.

So I just got back from the dentist, where I went in sort of a rush because yesterday I broke a tooth. Little did I know that chewing soft bread could be a dangerous thing. But my dentist says that many people break teeth on bread--it's very common. I guess for the tooth, it's like the last straw. I should be as good as new in a month or so--after two appointments, and possibly three---in the event he finds I need a root canal before he can do a crown. And I can forget that crui$e I might have been thinking about.

While making Beatrice, I had the thought that maybe I could make a ladybug. That would involve some red fabric with big white polka dots, and a painted black head--a little more rounded than a butterfly's. A ladybug would need to have a very happy face, and some eye makeup, and some red lipstick. I'll just need to make sure I sew the wings on before I do the painting. Now, what in the heck do ladybug wings look like.......

1 comment:

Conni said...

Dottie and Beatrice are adorable! Love Dottie's fishnet stockings and shiny red high heels!