July 26, 2006

Sneak preview



Here's the lady pilgrim in progress. She's at the stage in my dollmaking process where I'm not sure I like her. That's when all of the big parts have been assembled, but none of the little finishing details have been added. For some reason, those little details usually win me over. I'm not sure yet what those will be, but she needs a little more decoration around the collar, some shoe finishing, and maybe a little corn on the cob to hold. She doesn't have a name yet. I'm not inclined toward Prudence.

I've been working diligently on the pilgrims because I've promised them for weekend after next. They're a special order. We also have some company coming next week and I have to save a little time to clean. Good thing they're creative folks. Maybe they'll be more accepting of the dust monsters, I mean bunnies.

Today I had my first of four dental appointments. It was to be just three, but I broke another tooth while I was out of town. I know it wasn't the sushi. Maybe the nuts in the Baskin Robbins. Anyway, Mr. Dentist says it's fixable and won't need a crown. So that's two fixes and one crown--which will be started tomorrow. Good thing Mr. Dentist is nice and he's also close. At least my body seems to be holding up....

So hubby is off to Sears to get some plumbing caulk. We noticed water marks on the kitchen ceiling. He's hoping it's just because of some old caulk that dried out in the upstairs shower for lack of use while we were away. He didn't grumble too much about going to Sears, since browsing through the gadgets is one of Mr. Gadget's favorite activities. By the way, I'm still trying to decide what to use my birthday gadget coupon on. I wonder if yarn would qualify?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»