July 14, 2006

Gotta Love a Birthday!



Today is my birthday and hubby (aka Mr. Gadget) gave me a nice card with this coupon enclosed. I think I mentioned the other day that I'm not one for gadgets on my car, or those Starbucks coffee gadgets, but I'm not totally anti-gadget. If it has an "on-off" switch and nothing that requires programming, I'm sure I'll be quite pleased......especially if it's a crafty gadget and not one that's in any way related to housework.

I learned a valuable lesson some years back about birthdays, and that was not to have any expectations. It's amazing what a great day you can have without them. Here's how mine is taking shape.

This morning I got an email from Big City Girl and a phone call from Tech Guy, and the lovely card from Mr. Gadget. Then I left to meet a very dear friend at Starbucks--her treat! I had a coffee latte (hold the gadgets) and a zucchini/walnut muffin. Then I gave her two handknitted dishclothes I'd been working on through the week. It's perfectly acceptable to give gifts on your birthday too. She seemed pleased.


She said they were just the right colors for her kitchen. I pointed out a little flaw in the blue one. Don't you just hate it when you come upon two strands of yarn tied together with no warning! She was ever the good sport, and we both decided this was a dishcloth with character.....

I left Starbucks and drove up to the nursing home to see how cranky dad was doing. What a pleasant surprise to find him in a fairly jolly mood. A pain patch had been applied last evening and it seems to be working well. He appeared to be more comfortable and he was much more talkative. He asked about the new wheelchair and wondered if he could see it. It sounds like he might be looking forward to a trip down the hall. This was all wonderful birthday news.

Tonight hubby and I will go out for sushi--one of our favorite meals. We've found a little restaurant down by the beach that has half price sushi rolls if we get there before 6 p.m. So we'll have a nice dinner and a stroll along the beach, and there might even be a birthday sunset. And did I mention there's a yarn store in that neighborhood? A little fiber fix couldn't hurt......

3 comments:

kathy b said...

Happy BIrthday Marcia.

I love to see what you are up to . I am not someone who sews, so I am inspired by you! I almost wrote, I am not a sewer,
but that would have sounded awful.

Sushi birthday to you

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»