July 10, 2006

The Coffee Goddess



I bought this coffee mug as a gift to myself. I'm not a big shopper, but once in a while I see something that grabs me. I like the message: "Goddess: a woman whose great charm or beauty arouses adoration." I also like the picture, and I think I'd like to make a doll like this. I have just the fabric for the skirt. It's some I have left over from the ladybug doll, which still sits on my craft room shelf waiting for just the right wings.

I got the mug at one of my favorite shops, Mulberry Cottage, that's not far from the condo. Unfortunately, they don't have a website. I thought about taking some pictures when I was there the other day, but wasn't sure the owners would be thrilled about that. Maybe I could get a couple if I was discreet and didn't use the flash. One of the best things about Mulberry Cottage is their collection of "Sew Be It" dolls by Greta Chirco. Her creativity is inspiring. Look here to see some of her charming dolls.

And speaking of coffee, today I met a couple of friends at Starbucks. I'm not a regular patron of Starbucks, although I have been known to purchase their gift cards for BCG and TG. One of the reasons I'm not a SB regular is because I drink my coffee black, and I don't think you can actually order coffee that way there. Well, actually I did once, and I was awake for 3 days. But today I decided to go all-out and order something frothy and expensive. I got one of those tall mocha coolers I think it was called.....with whipped cream and chocolate drizzles. It was good, I must admit, but I think I'll stick with regular old black coffee from now on.....the non-SB variety. I'm a gal who likes my coffee like I like my cars--plain with no gadgets. Well......maybe I'll keep those nice seat-warmers.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»