July 23, 2006

Saturday Sky


Somewhere in blogdom someone suggested sharing pictures of Saturday skies. Here is my contribution, taken yesterday from my vantage point in Seat 17A on JetBlue's Flt. 206 from California to NYC. Seeing a scene like this reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Judy Collins, I've Seen Clouds from Both Sides Now.

So now I'm back home in Connecticut where I'm dealing with laundry and groceries and jet lag. It usually takes me about 3 days to adjust. I didn't get my grocery list done early this time, but I did get a reprieve. We had a 4-hour power outage this morning (for no apparent reason as is usually the case.) Fortunately I had made the coffee before everything went dark and silent, so I was well fortified with caffeine, and the grocery list-making activity didn't require electricity.

The dolls hanging out in my craft room all survived just fine, although a couple of snowmen and the Red Hat snowlady were beginning to form puddles. Loretta the ladybug with no wings is starting to get antsy and told me I'd better "get a move on," because she's ready to fly around the garden. And the Red Hat Lady is upset because she's had to miss a few luncheons with her gal pals. Otherwise, no major complaints.

This morning I received a very nice email from Big City Girl. As if sending me the birthday flowers wasn't enough.......
......now she has invited me down to "the city" to join her for lunch at Tavern on the Green and maybe a stop at a fabric store or two. You may remember my mentioning that this is the daughter who use to walk 5 paces ahead of me in the mall, or just ask to take my credit card and go by herself. Life is good when you can spend a day in the big city with your daughter, and it's her idea!

So I graciously accepted, but reminded her that she would have to meet my train at Grand Central because I have no subway skills. I'm pretty sure I'll catch on quickly though, since it shouldn't involve anything technical. Maybe I'll take her a couple of knitted dishcloths....or a Starbucks gift card, for old times sake. I'm certainly not going to schlep a 12-pack of toilet paper......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time with us in CA. Bet CT will be very pleasant now and, of course, there is no place like home! Have fun with BCG in the BC!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»