January 31, 2006

Happy Birthday Sandi



Today is my good friend Sandi's birthday. Sandi is a wonderful artist and a very giving person. Over the years, she has shared many of her beautiful creations with me. The three greeting cards are from a set and are all three-dimensional. The flower pot is filled with dried flowers, and the card on the far right is decorated with crocheted motifs and ribbons. The piece in the center is a red hat lady sculpted from polymer clay and applied to a small terra cotta pot to hold a votive candle.

Not only has Sandi been an inspiration to me artistically, she has been a wonderful source of wisdom. She had her children early in life and I had mine late, and she lovingly held my hand through colic, the terrible twos, and the roller-coaster ride that was the teenage years. She has always had just the right thing to say to make my journey a little bit easier.

Today Sandi will celebrate her birthday doing something she loves, and it will involve a trip here. I've never been a big fan, but then I've never tried it! Maybe one of these days I'll go along and see what all of that hoopla is about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, wait a minute here. Italian and not an opera fan? I could fix that, you know. Here's a quote, though, from the Baltimore Opera promos: "Opera...it's better than you think. It has to be." Brendan has another one, but they won't use it: "Opera...it doesn't suck."