January 06, 2006

More Veggies!



The Christmas calories have not been kind to me. Actually, it started back in October when the calories on my two-week cruise weren't kind either. I think I went into denial when I walked off the ship, and just continued to cruise right through the rest of the year. There was the "easy fudge recipe" that I made to give as gifts. Yeah, right. And the "brownies-chocolate chip-Snicker's bar" treat that someone so thoughtfully shared on their blog. Let's just say, if it was sweet, I tasted it and then tasted some more.

Now that it's the new year, I'm resolved to eat more veggies. I plan to go back to Weight Watchers where I lost 45 lbs. a little over a year ago. I've been in and out of WW for years, but the last time it "took" and I felt wonderful. The reason it took, I am convinced, was because of the Tues. morning meeting. Our leader was a young man (imagine that!) who was funny and full of life, and motivating! Empty seats were few and far between--something I hadn't seen in all the meetings I'd been to before. One week, in an effort to get us pumped up for exercise, he asked everyone to come to the meeting early for a game of dodge ball in the parking lot. Every now and then he'd bring in something unusual from the grocery produce section and ask us to guess what it was.....then he'd dare us to go home and cook it and report back.

So I'll be going back to the Tues. morning meeting next week for some more fun and games, and maybe some dodge ball...or whatever he has up his sleeve. It seems to work for me. I'll get rid of the nasty 20 lbs. that's crept back on (through no fault of my own..heehee....) and I'll eat more veggies.....although it won't be these. I'm afraid I'd have a lot of explaining to do to my gastroenterologist....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They sure LOOK good enough to eat, but I know what you mean about the gastroenterologist. Mine has no sense of humor, whatever. As for the pounds that managed to sneak on, my excuse is the three week trip to Utah where we were eating at rest stops and restaurants and sitting on our duffs in the car. And, add the gingersnaps and peppermint ice cream over the holidays once back home. Not fair.