January 27, 2006

Bugs



Here's another one of my small pillows. Yesterday was a windshield day, but today I'm feeling much more bug-like.

And speaking of bugs, I used to live in Texas. In Texas, you put the number for the exterminator on speed dial, right there under 911. You never knew what kinds of critters you were going to see, but you did know they were going to be big.

My husband still gets a good laugh when he remembers the night we were watching TV and I shot up off of the couch in a big hurry and started wildly jumping from one foot to the other. It seems a cricket had crawled up the leg of my jeans. We affectionately refer to it as my "cricket-in-the-pants" dance.

Our exterminator of choice was known as the "Bugmobile." The guy showed up in a van with a friendly-looking little bug on top. He'd spray and the house would smell bad for a few days. Then we'd sweep up the dead bugs. It would have been so much more fun to have seen this pull up to the curb instead.

I'll be away from the blog for a couple of days. I'm going out to California. I know there won't be many bugs out there.....well, maybe a few very laid-back ones.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely been a "windshield" kind of week for me! Have a great trip.

kathy b said...

I love your work. I'd like to send you a picture of a little pillow I purchased at a craft fair this winter. It isn't nearly as nice as yours, but its sweet. Keep showing us your pillows. Do you work for hire?