January 11, 2006

Valentine Angel

I finished the Valentine angel today and tomorrow I'll send her off to ebay for a while. I've been thinking about naming her Veronica--"Veronica the Valentine Angel." It has a nice ring to it! I haven't decided whether or not potential buyers are drawn to a doll that already has a name. I do know that two earlier dolls I named were quickly adopted. There was Wanda the witch, who liked to "wanda" around in her garden, and Henry the cat...who you've already met.

A favorite part of dollmaking for me is doing embroidery embellishment. Veronica has wings made from tea-dyed muslin that have been hand-embroidered with a feather stitch and beads. I also stitched some of the same beads to her shoes. Several months ago I made a gardening angel in this same style, but with even more embroidery. I'll introduce you to her in another post.

Now I'm going to take a little break from sewing and embroidery. Where did I leave those socks I'm knitting.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented!!! Valentine Veronica is darling.

Anonymous said...

I agree....she is GOOD! Hmm, I may have to add to my collection, if you are going to do another one.

Grangry said...

Oh! She is lovely!