January 05, 2006

The Grandkitties


My son (a/k/a "my tech guy") has two kitties who wreak havoc, I mean keep him company in his apartment. They're a bit spoiled I think. They sleep on the fridge. I'll admit, I've had a hand in the spoiling. I knitted them a cat bed and sewed a cute little cat carrier. The carrier serves me, though, since once in a while they come to visit grandma.

Since I'm a cat person, I enjoy their visits. I put out a water dish and a throw a little litter in a box. I play with them and feed them small bits of meat from the dinner table. Then I send them home more spoiled than ever. It's kind of like what grandparents do to their grandchildren....or so I've heard. I've even been known to brag about them. Sadie, the black and white one, loves to fetch. I've never heard of a cat doing this. She doesn't fetch balls or newspapers. She goes after twist ties. So now, don't you know, Grandma has started saving twist ties!

The only cats that live at my house now are the cloth variety. This one is Henry, named after our neighbor's cat who thinks our yard is his. Henry hung out on ebay for a week and was adopted by a very nice lady who has 18 cats of her own. I hope he's holding his own.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are suffering from a very common syndrome, "Nograndkiditis", but it is curable, fortunately. We had a grandparrot and several grandcats, sigh. Our Baltimore grandcat, now in that great litter box in the sky, used to fetch Q-tips and tea lights. Don't ask. (Do your grandkitties shake paws on command? Mine does!)