April 15, 2008

It's feeling a little frosty

So I asked myself this morning if I wanted to go outside in the spring chill and rake leaves out of the planting beds, or would I rather stay inside the toasty treehouse and start a new snowman.
Here's my progress so far: two boots, two arms and a hat. There was no particular reason for my decision to make a snowman, other than the fabric I bought a week ago was sitting here beckoning. I should really be thinking about witches, since fall will be here before you know it. Well, except for those nasty hot, humid summer months we must endure first.

And speaking of fall, I recently received an invite to take part in a fall craft fair. I didn't do any fairs last year, what with all the traveling and stuff, so I'm thinking it might be fun to get back in the game. I have lots of fabric and doll fixins'.

The only thing holding me back is this:
It's my folding craft table--the one I use at fairs. What was I thinking when I made the decision to use it in the treehouse during the months it wasn't needed for fairs? I'd be feeling a lot more positive about filling out that application if this table was folded up in the storage closet down in the basement.

Oh, and that red cardigan sweater I just started knitting? What a pest! I did a little gauge swatch and found I was right on the mark. So I cast on and knit a few inches....well, you might remember. It was just last week, when I was indulging in my two favorite forms of therapy for dealing with the trials and tribulations of motherhood....not to mention, the frustrations of dieting.

Then I thought it might be a good idea to measure it, just to be sure. It was almost 3" too wide. So I frogged the whole thing, started over one size smaller, and measured again. It was 2" too narrow. Now I'm on my third try....back to my original cast-on....and figuring I must have somehow miscounted. I don't think so, but we'll see.
I mentioned this to Mr. Gadget who, as I've said before, could also be called Mr. Science.
"I thought you told me math is an exact science?"
"It is," he said. "The only explanation is that your sweater somehow must have entered the Twilight Zone."


No comments: