April 03, 2008

If I'm going to talk about spiders.....

Then I suppose I have to talk about webs.....

Other Marcia and I took a road trip yesterday to do a little yarn browsing. Well, maybe we did a little yarn buying too. After all, they were having their annual April sale.
Here's Marcia with that excited look that comes over people who are about to snag some fiber. In addition to a well-stocked yarn store, WEBS has a warehouse o' yarn on the premises--stocked with rows and rows and shelves and shelves of yarn.

There's plenty of sock yarn too.
And yarn on cones, if you're into weaving. And books and patterns galore. Here's a small sampling:I picked out some nice red wool....

to make this:
I don't plan to make it with pockets. I'm not a gardener. And I don't need them to carry tissues, even though I've seen lots of older ladies carrying tissues in their sweater pockets. I don't think I'm quite old enough for that yet, but I'll save some yarn so I can add them later. That way, when the time comes and I'm an official old lady, I'll have plenty of room for tissues and a few lifesavers. I like the colorful ones. I've never been a fan of peppermint.....

3 comments:

Nancy Anne in the Finger Lakes said...

Marcia - It occurs to me that I have been reading your blog for over a year now and I'm not sure I've ever left a comment. Just a dyed in the wool (ha-ha) lurker, I guess! I wanted to let you know that I always enjoy seeing what you are up to, and your sense of humor tickles me. Keep up the good work - I'll be out here lurking...!

Anonymous said...

Well, considering that your pictures are better than mine, I think I'll just post a link to your blog! My yarn is almost the same, too, just a different color! Thanks for saving me a blog post!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Ohhhh, you live close to WEBS. I've seen the catalog and know I would be on total sensory overload going to the store. And then the Fabric District with BCG? You are living the life girl!