April 10, 2008

Got Milk?

Yes, there's plenty of milk in the fridge for Mr. Gadget's tea and cereal. What's really got me anxious and trembling is we're out of COFFEE! I looked high and low in the cupboards this morning. I was sure I had saved some from when Tech Guy moved home with his electronic toys, dozens of various spices for who-knows-what gourmet delights he was going to cook, and his laundry basket full of dirty clothes. But I must have gone on a tear and thrown it out. Lucky for him I didn't throw out the laundry too.

So I had to resort to making myself a cup of tea. It seems to work for Mr. Gadget in the mornings, but it's not high-test enough for me. As I was sipping my tea (with sweetener but no milk) it dawned on me that there was some of yesterday's coffee still in the pot. Sometimes I'm lazy and don't wash it out right away. I'm the same way with the dryer filter. Why clean things right after you're done when you could clean them just before you use them again I always say. So, after my cup of tea, I had a cup of yesterday's coffee. It's really not too bad if you get it hot enough.

Tomorrow I'll be doing the grocery shopping. I'll go early and buy a cup at the counter where they sell that coffee America runs on. I'll buy a can of coffee too, so I won't have to worry about the pot running dry for a while. And let me just assure you that I will never be one of those cigarette-smoking types who has to make a special odd-hour trip to the store for my fix. But if Mr. Gadget just happens to be going out early to fill his car up with gas, I might ask him if he wouldn't mind.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, thanks for the reminder: I went shopping yesterday and forgot MILK! Cute cow!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe this I actually have milk in the fridge and have been drinking it all day. nanananana The cow is cute!

kathy b said...

Moo moo. that cow is SOOOOOO cute! Maybe my favorite of yours alltime!