October 09, 2006

Weekend sky



At first glance, this might look like a picture of the sky, but it's really Mr. Gadget's latest project. He was doing some work with his spackling gadgets in Big City Girl's room over the weekend. When I went in to check on his progress, we both remarked that BCG must have thought every square inch of every wall was her personal bulletin board. I should mention that two of the holes he spackled were actually ones left from her actual bulletin board. Maybe this was her revenge for the times we said she couldn't go to those co-ed sleepovers, even though every one of her friends' parents said yes. We can only hope she has teenagers herself one day....and plenty of walls to spackle.

In my last post I promised the cookie recipe, and here it is. They're chocolate chip by the way.

  • 1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
  • 1/2 c. Crisco
  • 2-1/2 c. flour
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1- 12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips

Cream the butter and Crisco in mixing bowl. Add 1-1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, baking soda and vanilla and mix well. Add the remaining 1-1/4 cup flour and mix. Add the chocolate chips and mix til blended in. Drop on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for about 10 min. My family likes soft cookies rather than crunchy, so I take them out of the oven when they are just barely browned on top. I also use milk chocolate chips rather than semi-sweet.


So the three new witches are coming along nicely. They've been assembled and are now being accessorized. I decided to give them shorter hair so as not to get all tangled up in the boa. I'll leave the naming up to their new owners. I'm hoping they'll be ready to fly outta here by Thursday or so. After that, I'll be getting ready for a visit from my west coast cousin. I'm sure she'll want to see the treehouse. I can only hope the characters will be on their best behavior......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just curious here, did you ever read OCTOBER SKY? Good book and good movie. Highly recommended.