October 01, 2006

Clair (de lune)


Here is my latest witch. I've named her Clair for clair de lune....the French term for "moonlight." She has moons all over her outfit. I wasn't sure what to name her, but I was pretty sure I wanted to steer clear of "Looney." A few days ago when I was on the treadmill in the basement, I noticed a couple of my old college books on a shelf and realized they might be helpful when writing the blog. One is Webster's New World Dictionary and the other is The Synonym Finder. So as I was perusing the synonym book, after a quick look in the dictionary for the proper spelling and meaning of peruse, I saw the reference to clair de lune. But I have to be truthful, they didn't actually call it "moonlight"...heh...heh.....they called it "moonshine."

It's too bad I have such a fondness for seeing my dolls in purple. It's just a you-know-what (might just rhyme with witch) to photograph. And the tweaking gets frustrating. Once the purple is good, the rest of it looks like pond scum. Maybe I should just take myself across the street to see the owners of Clarence and Henry who are professional photographers. Maybe they would give me some neighborly advice. I'd pay handsomely for this kind of advice too.......chocolate chip cookies.


So a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to start trying to drink more water. I bought myself a 1.5 liter bottle of Poland Spring and I've been carrying it around with me. I'm happy to report that most days I've been able to down the whole thing. So far, I've noticed two benefits. One is I haven't been very hungry in the afternoons....which is when most of my grazing usually occurs, and the other is that I've been very happy with just one cup of coffee in the morning. I haven't even thought about the usual afternoon cup, or three or four. I'm counting on a couple more benefits too. One will be an easy blood test tomorrow at the doctor's office. The nurse always nags me to drink more water before the test to make it easier on both of us. And on Tuesday, I'll check in at Weight Watchers with hopes that two weeks of eating well, and all that exercise I've added from running back and forth to the bathroom, will be nicely reflected on the scale. After all, I need to get in condition for my next cruise.....

So you don't want to know about the Noro shawl-collared sweater. I started taking it apart a couple of nights ago when I was tired and in a bad mood. Not a good idea. A major repair must now be done to one of the sleeves. I'm hoping to just frog it back a few rows and re-knit it. So while it sits in a time-out for a few days, I'll revisit my sock knitting, and drink some more water......

No comments: