October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th



"Did you do a blog post today?" asked Mr. Gadget.

"No. I don't do them everyday," I replied.

"But today is Friday the 13th. I thought for sure you'd put some scary-looking witches up there."

"I've put a lot of witch pictures on the blog lately," I told him. "I'm sure my scores of readers are getting tired of looking at them."

"Hmmmmm," he said, obviously giving this some serious thought. "Maybe I could go get my chainsaw. You really shouldn't let this day get by with nothing to show for it."

So off went Mr. Gadget to get his really big scariest of gadgets from the garage. With the hooded sweatshirt and Big City Girl's collaged paper mache mask from her high school art class the look was complete. Good thing he didn't start that sucker up is all I can say. Now, if I'm just able to convince him to stand in the front window on Halloween night, I probably won't have to bother buying any candy.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one!

Anonymous said...

I'll be looking for you on Saturday...