October 26, 2006

Million Dollar Baby



When Big City Girl was very small, I made her a pair of pink rompers and embroidered these cute little bears on the front. I do believe it was the last time BCG wore anything this colorful.....until now. Yesterday I received an email from her in which she informed me that she had just purchased some pink boxing gloves. It seems she's taking boxing lessons down there in the big city, and she says she's pretty good. And it seemed reasonable for her to get some gloves of her own, since the ones at the gym get pretty grungy what with all the girls having to share.

Strange as it seems, I'm not too upset by this boxing development. Well, I am assuming it's taking place at a respectable gym where they require head protection and mouth guards and all, since these days we live amid lots of litigating lawyers. She's getting some good exercise, has a great outlet for her stress, and she might be able to bop an unruly subway rider if one should cross her path. I just hope Mr. Gadget and I don't receive an invitation to an actual match. But I sure would like to see those pink gloves. Maybe I can ask her to bring them home for Thanksgiving.


Here's another pair of rompers, sewn in a more neutral color to better show off the giraffe. I haven't been able to part with these. I'm not sure what I'm saving them for, except that maybe Big City Girl will have a little romping toddler herself one of these days and would like to have these for old times' sake.

So today I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. Somehow the basement treadmill didn't seem too exciting. The fall colors are still beautiful and they will be gone soon. It's a little blustery today. Not a good day for raking leaves, but definitely a good one for gathering a little firewood for later and making sure there's hot chocolate mix in the cupboard.


It might even be a good evening for tackling second sock syndrome, or doing a little swatch for the elderberry pullover. Darn......now that nagging Noro guilt is creeping in.....

No comments: