October 12, 2006

Back roads


So today I had my yearly appointment with the lady doc--you know, the one who's concerned with my southern hemisphere. And as I headed down my driveway, I decided to take the back roads.....since the fall colors are so pretty and all. Mr. Gadget thinks I'm silly not to take the highway (a/k/a freeway) since it would, after all, get me there 3 minutes faster. But I like the back roads and the slower pace and the lack of traffic......and the chance to take in nature. Not to mention, I figured my blood pressure would be somewhere in the normal range by the time I got there.

Now I probably shouldn't fess up to taking these pictures while driving, since I've already made my feelings known about those irresponsible driving cell phone users. And you probably wouldn't believe me if I said it was my imaginary friend taking these photos. I will say I put the camera down the minute I noticed other cars on the road. And I promise not to do it again.....well, at least not until winter. I did notice some awesomely-decorated houses for Halloween along the way. Fodder for a future post.

Here's a drawing of one of my witch dolls. It was done by my friend Sandi, for whom I made a doll. She was so pleased with it, she sketched it and sent me the drawing. At one time she mentioned sketching up several of my dolls with the idea of creating a calendar, or some note cards, or what-have-you. Then her grandson got married (the big Block Island wingding) and her house flooded, and she took a little tumble. You might say she got sidetracked. But things are much better now and maybe she's back in a sketching mood.

So Mr. Gadget just intercommed me up here in the treehouse (I think that's a word) and he wants to give me a lesson on operating the GPS system (a/k/a Carol). Did I mention that my cousin is coming for a visit and we'll be driving up to Niagara Falls next week? I'll be taking careful notes during this important tutorial. I'm sure there will be a few references to "thingies" and "whatjamajigs." I can already see Mr. G. scratching his head......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Things could be worse. You could live with Mr. Hubbyhobbyist who wants you to build a model airplane. Or fill your house with model train setups he intends to build on 4X8 wood closet doors we will pick up this Sunday along with yet another "free" model airplane to hang up in an already overly crowded garage or perhaps over your head in the bedroom. And also scatch his head whenever you want to do something else beside his all consuming hobbies. I'm going to see the musical group called "Foreigner" at the Performing Arts Center with my widow friend. I must do a good deed once in awhile. Mr. HH didn't want to get an advance ticket and it's sold out at the box office. So it's just me and, my friend to see and hear them play. She's picking me up. Should be great fun!