October 03, 2006

Bad hair day



Here's glitzy Mitzi with her jewels and her bad hair. Notice that spider on her cheek? I don't think she knows it's there! I noticed a little spot on the fabric after I got the head stuffed--maybe something from the tea-dying process. I debated about whether to just leave it, make it into a mole, or stitch it into a spider. I think the spider makes her a little scary-looking, just in case the eyes and the hair aren't scary enough. I'm working on her hat and will probably sew it on tonight while I'm watching a baseball game. I'm a big Yankees fan.

My eBay auction closed this afternoon and the primitive cat and pumpkin are going to a very nice lady in the Boston area. She already owns one of my other cats--Henry who was pictured in an earlier post sitting on the piano. She has lots of real cats and I can only hope they've been kind to Henry.

So here are the results of the water drinking. The blood test started out well, but then turned nasty. The nurse blamed it on her equipment. She said I did fine with all the drinking, and she apologized. At least she got it on one try, which is a big improvement over many previous tests when the entire nursing staff took a stab at me.

And as for Weight Watchers, I lost 2.5 lbs over the last 2 weeks. I was really hoping for more, but I'm happy the numbers are going down and not up. It's kind of depressing though, when I realize how hard it is to lose it, and how easy it would be to wipe out that loss with one good day of cruise eating.

So Fall is here in the northeast. The trees are turning color. There are a few pumpkins appearing on porches. The hummingbirds have left. We've cranked up the kerosene heater in the mornings to take the chill off. Mr. Gadget changed the oil in his leaf blower. And the highway people still haven't re-paved the street, although they tease us by sending out the street sweeper every few days to clear the leaves. They'd better hurry if they want to beat the snow. If it's like the usual road work around town, there'll be two or three cops to direct traffic, a couple dozen worker guys, and lots of coffee breaks......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The city is cutting back the trees around here after about six years and, of course, there is a large crew with breaks seems like every hour. Tomorrow our tree will get a leaf "haircut". We don't have the Fall colors much around here, as you know. Hope you are enjoying the changing leaves from the tree house!