July 03, 2013

A summer Santa

Mr. Gadget and I are almost settled in here at the Calcondo.  Our flight was on time and uneventful.....precisely what I like about a flight.  Unfortunately, we were greeted at the condo with a plumbing problem.  It's happened before. Living on the ground floor has its advantages, but sometimes having someone living upstairs is no fun, especially when certain things overflow and gravity plays a role.  Repairs are in order. 

But, really, the plumbing issues don't seem so annoying now that I'm out of the heat and humidity.  I just closed the window next to my computer because I felt a chill.  Sometimes we leave wonderful weather behind on the east coast and hardly notice a difference, but not this time.

Before I left the Concondo I was working on a needle-felted Santa.  I'm hopelessly addicted to this process.  I'm sure it'll run its course....like most other new hobbies I take on.  I brought quite a stash of fiber with me this trip.  It's practically weightless, and it fills in the nooks and crannies of my suitcase quite nicely.  I'll be starting on some new stuff once I get the moving-in chores done.

Mr. Gadget and I each have a very different approach to those.  He tries to get everything done in 5 minutes, and I like to take them at my leisure.....with maybe a knitting or felting project thrown in between.  But I always feel a little ashamed that I'm dragging my feet when I see the spirited approach he takes.  I really need to practice being more confident about my procrastinating.  I need to stand up proudly for all procrastinators and be a fine example to them everywhere.  I'm planning to do that right after I make a cup of coffee and put my feet up for a few minutes.

No comments: