June 30, 2013

A blooming mess


 
It seems like wherever I go I make a mess.  It's the same in the kitchen--where I reluctantly cook.  And the endless end tables where I have my piles of interest. When I'm done with whatever I've been working on, I always wait a couple of days to see if anyone will stop by and clean up after me.  No one ever does.  Life is so unfair sometimes.

I've been making more needle-felted flowers.
I'm thinking of adding some beads.

For anyone who's fond of beading, here's a wonderful book I discovered recently.

Thom Atkins is the author and beader and he's a real master of the art.  There's lots of inspiration, and instruction too, for anyone with an inclination.
I would love to do more beading, but at the moment I'm mired in this blooming mess.  

So Mr. Gadget and I are getting ready for our summer trek out west. We've done this trip often enough now that we have the preparations down to a science.  I arrange the mail forwarding and he reserves the rental car for the trip to the airport.  He hauls the suitcases up from the basement and I clean out the fridge.  No matter how fastidious I am about that last job, my eyes always seem to slide right over something that ends up growing mold while we're gone.  Sometimes I'm lucky enough to discover it before Mr. Gadget goes looking for a beer.  If not, I just tell him, "Oh, that.  I'm saving it for a craft project." 

No comments: