July 20, 2013

Dishing it out

I started a crocheted dishcloth during the Calcondo knitting group yesterday.  I'm cleansing my palate between courses of needle felting.  

The knitting group out here in the west is very similar to the one in the east.  About half a dozen women attend each week.  We meet on Fridays here and Thursdays there.  Some ladies knit and some crochet.  We share patterns and stitching advice.  We have show-and-tell time.  The only difference between the groups is the noise level.  Here, it's mostly quiet with occasional talking; there, everyone talks at once.  I don't know why this is.  It might be because west-coast people have a reputation for being more laid-back, whereas east- coast folks are known for being a bit more pushy, I mean assertive.  It's possible the weather is to blame. Here, there is nothing but sunshine and cool ocean breezes.  There, it's lots of snow followed almost immediately by heat and humidity...which is more than enough to give a person an attitude. 

So yesterday morning Mr. Gadget and I went to Home Depot to pick out some floor tiles and paint for our bathroom rehab.  Two large fans are now hard at work and on Monday a crew will be here to start the reconstruction.  This is all lots of fun. We have a toilet sitting on our front patio covered with a form-fitting blue tarp. 
Needless to say, we haven't invited anyone over.  I doubt we could pass it off as a design feature. Although the planter idea has been suggested.  As you know, I love a little whimsy, but that might be pushing it. I've thought about making a crown (paper-mache, clay, or needle felted....I haven't decided...) to sit on top of it....just in case some royalty passes by.

No comments: