July 26, 2013

Ball game

Mr. Gadget and I like to watch baseball on TV, but games are slow-moving and I usually need something to keep my hands busy so lately I've been making felted balls.  They are very easy to do.  The fiber forms itself into a ball shape almost by magic.  Some needle-felters put their ball collections in a bowl and display them on a coffee table.  I'll put mine on the Christmas tree.

So my hair is a little long and unruly, but I'm hoping to tame it enough to see me through the reunion. If I get it cut now it will be too short--as it always is right after a cut, in spite of my instructions to my hairdresser to leave it a little longer.  I'm sure some of my classmates will be getting their hair colored, their manis and pedis, their botox injections and their wrinkle-release treatments.  I won't be doing any of that.  I'm planning to go as "just me."

The bathroom project is on the home stretch.
The guys put the tile down today.  Tomorrow they'll grout and prime the walls.  It won't be long now.  I'm looking forward to accessorizing the room with some bright towels and a colorful bathmat, and a needle-felted toothbrush holder...


No comments: