July 24, 2009

TG and the T

Tech Guy and the Tortoise arrived on Wednesday around noon. They were expected a day earlier, but Tortoise had a hankerin' for some gamblin' so they stopped off in Las Vegas.

TG got a lot done during his short visit. He allowed T some grazing time in the grass around the condo.
He offered a special honeydew snack for good car behavior. Never once during their transcontinental trek did T whine, "Are we there yet?"
He walked up to the corner store and carried a watermelon home on his shoulders. T likes watermelon more than honeydew.
He tidied up my computer. He debugged, deleted, destashed, updated, rebooted....and cleared the ants off the keyboard.
He asked if he could do some laundry, and then sweet-talked me into doing it for him. He has way more than just technical skills.
He enviously eyeballed my new gel pens, so I let him play with them in exchange for a blog cartoon.
Then yesterday morning, comfortably after dawn, the two of them rode out of town heading north.....leaving me in the dust with a pile of watermelon rinds and 50% of my worry.
But I have plans to sew because I can sew and worry at the same time. I haven't opened up my sewing machine yet. I hope there aren't any surprises inside, like ants having a quilting bee. I'm pretty sure I cleaned up those cookie crumbs before I left last time....

3 comments:

Marcia said...

LOVE the cartoon! You could always make some watermelon pickles.....

Maddie Can Fly said...

Looks like Tech Guy inherited some of that drawing talent from his mother.

Kathy W said...

TG visited...Wow.