July 26, 2009

Almost a pelican

If you look at the top left, and then just along the sandy beach, you can see the nice photo I took yesterday of almost a pelican. Luckily, Mr. Gadget had his camera.
He got this shot just before a jolly fisherman approached and scared the big guy away. At least he was nice enough to apologize.
Yesterday, Mr. Gadget and I took a road trip to Santa Barbara--about a two-hour drive from the Calcondo. We enjoyed the views and the wildlife, and had a nice lunch overlooking the ocean.
As Mr. G was taking this picture we both pondered why some people have such a bold disregard for the law.

It does seem silly that people can't fish off the pier. Especially if they're ghosts...heh...heh....
Way back eons ago I spent my junior year of college in Santa Barbara....at UCSB. I lived in a dorm that sat on top of a cliff with a million-dollar view. After a tasty dinner in the dining hall, my school mates and I would often take a walk along the beach. We were indeed very lucky to be going to school in such a beautiful place, even though we had no cell phones or computers, and we had to do our term papers on typewriters and talk to our friends on one of those old black plastic telephones with a dial. Oh, and we wore skirts and dresses to class. I told you this was way back.
After a year I got disillusioned with my studies and decided to take a time-out from school. I didn't feel good about my major and it seemed wrong to continue on the track I was on. There may have been a guy involved. They sometimes have distracting ways. But eventually I returned to college to finish my degree. Somehow it just seemed wrong to leave it undone.
I hope you don't mind when I tell little stories like this. They are diversions from craftiness....which I haven't been doing much of lately, but which I will be doing again soon. There has been knitting going on though. You know, worry-knitting. No, I have no idea where TG is at the moment, and it's really better that way. I love nothing more than sticking my head in the sand. I'm like a pelican that way......

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I usually have no idea where YTG and OTG are either. You are not alone.

If you knew where he was would it make any difference?