July 10, 2009

Road trip revisited

So back to last week's road trip to yarn heaven with other Marcia. Sorry, somehow I let poems about pick-up trucks and stories about Mr. Gadget's friendships get in the way. In addition to selecting yarn for another Just Enough Ruffles scarf (the first one modeled so stunningly by Silly Milly with help from a treehouse lamp), I purchased this book:I think I might be inclined to wear one of these roses on a jacket or sweater. Or even a hat. Maybe even an apron or my exercising t-shirt. So versatile. I love that in an accessory.
Maybe I could finally have a nice bouquet of sunflowers that the squirrels and birds won't eat.

I love this one, but I'm not sure I have the skills. It requires crocheting, felting, cutting and assembling. But then again, I do need to set challenging goals for myself and look for new adventures in life.

I'm not sure about this. I think I'll skip this page. Unless BCG thinks it's big-city chic, and then maybe I'll teach her how to crochet....
So there's lots going on lately, some of which is causing me worry. I've asked Mr. Gadget when he thinks we'll have a worry-free life and he can't tell me. I suspect, but I can't be certain, that life is just a series of worrying times followed by non-worrying times. Fortunately I have a means of coping. Shall I knit or crochet? Shall I make dolls or shop for doll fabric? Maybe I should start a new embroidery project? Oh, the stress. Will I ever be free of the stress?

2 comments:

Marcia said...

It wouldn't be life without those worries cropping up! One thing we've found is that you can weather most of them. How's the weather on the left coast?

Kathy W said...

Are you already on the left coast?
I say, "Why worry?" Of course I say that when my worries are few!