July 04, 2009

Happy Fourth!

Mr. Gadget and I will spend a quiet Fourth here in our new neighborhood. The sun is shining, which is very rare these days. I am awaiting the arrival of a seemingly nice gentleman who has promised to pick up the last of our Craig's List items. Sometimes I really earn my money giving away stuff for free...


Next weekend we will be heading out west for several weeks, and I'm hoping a battalion of ants won't be well-entrenched when we arrive. There are a couple of things I forgot to stash in the fridge before we left last time, and I'm pretty sure they're on the ant top ten list of favorite things to eat. If they are indeed bivouacking (is that a word anymore?), I might be inclined to ask Mr. G to take me on another cruise.....just till they clear out....which might be at least 14 days. Just kidding...


I've finished a few witches during the last few days. I think this one is my favorite so far:

I made the scary spider out of Sculpey and wire. I thoughtfully warned Mr. Gadget that it was sitting on the kitchen counter so he wouldn't be frightened and run for a can of Raid. He seemed impressed with my spiderly talents. I especially like how the hat brim lining matches her eye shadow. Last night I stitched this one:


This poor ol' gal forgot to check her shoes for spiders! That's something I'll never forget to do, no matter how senile I get.... During the stitching process I confirmed what I've always suspected. It's much easier to embroider little embellishments on body parts before they're sewn and stuffed and attached to a doll.





Have a lovely Fourth! Enjoy some fireworks. Grill a burger. Eat a hot dog. And if you decide to have a picnic....don't forget to take a little something for the ants....

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Pretty sure you will be just in time to enjoy some beautiful weather here. Who cares about the ants? They can have my crumbs any time. No one else wants them.....heeheehee. Our cookie has crumbled. Lovely flower pix!