July 19, 2009

New Toys

Remember what a great day it was when your mom bought you a brand new box of 64 crayons? Granted, you had plenty of crayons already, stashed in an old shoebox, but they were dull and you couldn't stay in the lines with them. Well, today was another one of those great days.
Of course I had to doodle. Some of them are sparkly too. I sent Big City Girl a picture of my new pens with a "nah...nah...nahNAH nah" note because I know she'll be jealous and sparkly green with envy. I found them at Costco, but your local store many not have them....nah...nah...nah...
So we finally heard from Tech Guy. He was planning to leave Dallas today enroute to our house, via the Grand Canyon.


Tech Guy is a Texas native, so I'm sure he was a little sad about leaving. We were living in a small town in south Texas when he was born. We moved to Connecticut when he was almost two. The only things I remember about living in Texas....well, other than every last detail of his birth....is how big it was, how hot it was, how many mosquitoes there were, and how most of the restaurants in town served BBQ. I was sorry to leave the great friends I made there, but otherwise I was happy to move on.

It will be great to see Tech Guy. Did I mention I worry? I may chain him to the coffee table. Heh..heh... I've straightened up the guest room and I'm assuming the accommodations will be acceptable to both him and his tortoise. TG has already made a special request for a mom cheesecake. I have no idea what Mr. Tortoise will eat. I hope he doesn't expect room service....

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Tell TG to stop by Park City and say hello to my son! Just don't go near any escalators in the mall....did you read about that skier that fell over? New Mexico is nice, too. Told you he'd be fine....he's got a trusty sidekick!

Maddie Can Fly said...

I love those gel pens. If BCG isn't green with envy, I am!

Anonymous said...

I remember a Family Reunion when you lived in Texas. Your talent for the Family Talent Show was a lesson to the family in "Texas Talk". I specifically remember this: Seb Mup. I'll bet you remember what that is too!.In addition to the bigness, the mosquitos, the BBQ and every detail of TG's birth! Cuz Molly