October 02, 2008

EZ Market

After a bit of a scramble yesterday to finish two witch dolls, I loaded the pair, along with two of their friends, into the car and drove them to the senior shop where the nice ladies seem to have no trouble finding suckers, I mean buyers, for whatever silliness I offer them. I call this the EZ Market--the EZ part coming from something I noticed in the tour brochures on my Baltic vacation. For those not feeling up to doing lots of walking, there were tours with names like EZ St. Petersburg and EZ Oslo. A tourist could mostly just sit on a bus and watch the cities go by.
The EZ Market only requires that I deliver the dolls and later (hopefully not too long afterwards..heh..heh...) collect a nice check from my mailbox. No muss, no fuss, and no having to hear a shop visitor yell out, "She wants THAT much for this little thing? I bet -------(fill in name of big box store) would have one for half the price."
Luckily, I had the foresight to put the sheep between the two witches because sometimes they can be a little snippy with each other. Mostly it's jealousy. "She's got a boa and I don't. You must like her better." Sister Mary Bodacious had no interest in sitting in the back and getting caught up the fracas. In fact, she insisted on sitting in the front with me, with her big ruler handy so she could keep a good eye on my driving and give me a sharp whack on the knuckles if my foot got too heavy on the gas pedal.

Thankfully, the trip was pleasantly uneventful. The shop ladies seemed delighted with the dolls. On my way home, as I admired the lovely fall colors, I pondered the possibilities for their futures. I'm sure the witches will find homes right away, since it's almost Halloween. Then they'll be packed away in a dark closet for a year. The sheep might be adopted by a knitter or a spinner, so you know that's going to be a happy place. I'm just not sure about Sister Mary. Just how comfy-cozy would a home be with the constant threat of that ruler......not to mention the guilt.....

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ok, the nun with the ruler brings back memories. When I was a little kid, I used to get whacked on the knuckles during piano lessons if I hit a wrong note. Good times.

Anonymous said...

The nun in bloomers is just too funny....I might have to add one to my menagerie! Good to see you today..next time, lunch!

kathy b said...

Sister Mary Hysterical I'd say. GREAT job Marcia

Maddie Can Fly said...

What a nice, easy way to sell your things. Much easier then hauling all those crates and things -- which is what I will be doing next weekend. Thanks for stopping by.