October 24, 2008

Is it basketball yet?

The Noro scarf project has seen me through the Olympics, the end of the regular baseball season, and two games of the World Series. I wonder if I'll still be at it for the start of women's college basketball? My plan is to knit up the whole skein, and then I think the scarf will be just the right length. I'm hoping for this kind of look:
Then, after I've finished it, I'm going to ask my hairdresser if she can do me a do like this one:

She can go with the red, green, blue or khaki. Or maybe even a rainbow. I'll leave it up to her.
So Big City Girl has threatened to leave the big city and pay us a visit this weekend. She's been working a lot, so we haven't seen much of her....except for that brief little moving episode. Mr. G intends for her to confront that portion of our basement inventory with her name on it and make difficult choices about disposition of same. I'm trying to convince him that throwing it in her face the moment she comes through the door might not be advisable, as she's likely not to visit again real soon. He likes to get right down to the business of life. I'm more apt to make a game of it. Maybe a fun treasure hunt with rhyming clues......

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Noro scarf is amazing Marcia. And You crack me up

Anonymous said...

That Noro is a lot better as a scarf than it ever would have been as socks! Don't get the hairdo, though! (I've got to say, Purple Hair's jacket was stunning. All those yummy batiks...) Good luck getting the kid to take home her stuff....our oldest is 40 and we still have his junk in our attic. (By the way, I tried to comment on your last post and Blogger wouldn't let me.)