October 29, 2008

The Rules

This morning I ventured out in the blizzard-like snow flurries to do a couple of errands, and I stopped off here (oh yeah, I guess I should be downsizing) where I purchased a couple of cute Fall placemats.
Maybe I should have looked deeper in the stack for some snowmen.
So back to the downsizing. I've been having a load of fun looking through my stash of kid stuff. Stuff like kindergarten artwork, report cards, a proposal (so official-looking) TG and BCG wrote for a new treehouse, the I-hate-you notes to Mom, and a few I-love-you ones too, and a smattering of good and bad letters from principals.
I came across a two-page newspaper BCG published, called The Macaroni Times. In addition to a few short articles about her family members, she included this list of rules:

I'm guessing she'd just had a little run-in with her dad....

Further along in my treasure hunt, I found this:
It's a checkbook issued by the MomBank. I had decided long ago it might be a fun and creative way to teach TG and BCG about fiscal responsibility.
They each had a check register for recording debits and credits, and....

a book of checks for making withdrawals. Unlike most banks, the MomBank did not have a drive-thru window, an ATM machine, or a means of obtaining a loan. There was no over-draft protection either, and no online banking. The Mombank was an old-fashioned kind of bank. Unfortunately it went out of business, even though it did have a couple of great things going for it. The checks were really cute, and you couldn't beat the customer service.....

No comments: