October 22, 2008

Wednesday Weirdness

Today I took a photo of Big City Girl's old bed with plans to post it on a local charity website and pass it along to someone who might be in need of just such a thing. And wouldn't you know......

.....orbs. Could it be the spirits celebrating my good deed? Or could it be my mother-in-law and her five sisters cackling all at once, as they were wont to do, about how many months it's been since I dusted?
Now I know there are people who find wallpaper removal a zen-like experience, but I'm not one of them.If I had known then what I know now, I never would have immersed myself in the world of wallpaper. The closest Mr. Gadget and I ever came to divorce was when we wallpapered our downstairs bathroom. It's been up there almost 25 years because.....neither of us wanted to speak of it again.
Now here's a novel idea. When I serve a salad with dinner, Mr. G and I usually eat it after the main course. And since I suffer from elder memory syndrome, I often forget to retrieve it from the fridge. Mr. G has been known to gently remind me by saying something like, "I see croutons on the table," or "Where the H#%!* is the salad?" No....just kidding about that last remark. Mr. G is nothing if not kind. So I made a little reminder sign. Just a 3 x 5 card folded in half. So easy. So simple. So effective. I bought the giant economy pack.

And remember Sister Mary Bodacious? The ladies at the senior shop sold her today, along with one of my witches. One woman purchased both dolls. She said Sister Mary reminded her of her aunt, and the witch reminded her of her mother. So I guess we all know who's not getting an invite to Thanksgiving dinner......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's Friday, but I still appreciate a little WW. I like the EMS abbreviation for senior moments and those orbs are sure eerie. Those two ending lines made me LOL. Good photos and text!