October 08, 2008

More frogging


You may recognize this pair--recently removed from the debris, I mean the treasures, I unearthed in my archeological dig. I made them a few years ago for Tech Guy who has long been a fan of frogs. Mr. Gadget and I are storing his little collection here at Ma and Pa's Self-Storage.



There's at least two tons more of his stuff in the attic. It's amazing the ceiling hasn't caved in. Mr. G has been threatening to go up there soon to have a little look around, but of course I worry about escaping bats. Maybe he should just wait till Hell freezes over, I mean at least till we have a little snow on the ground.

So you've probably already noticed that Mrs. Frog (she may be a significant other for all I know) has a couple of rather glaring medical issues. Somehow she's lost an eye and a leg. And there's also that unsightly glue residue.

I should probably take her to a veterinary hospital--preferably one with a good herpetologist on staff. Maybe I should take that large rubber frog along too, since he's obviously had a tongue meltdown.

During his college days, Tech Guy had a real frog--an Argentinian tree frog I believe is what he called it. He named it Ray.

But there were dorm issues and so he gave Ray away to his girlfriend's father who had amphibious expertise, or so he'd been told. Soon afterwards Ray passed on, and within weeks the relationship bit the dust too.

Now TG has a turtle. For his birthday Big City Girl, who always wracks her brain for brotherly gift ideas, gave him some sort of a chip (I'm sure it was an easy present to wrap) that could be glued on the turtle's shell to enable the owner to track his movements. Now, no matter where TG is, he can sign on to a computer, or punch in codes on his cell phone, and see where exactly his turtle is. If he'd just give me a call, I'd be happy to tell him and save him the bother. He's going to be in one of three places: the living room, the bedroom or the bathroom. I can only hope BCG gave him one of those little pooper scoopers too......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to convince Terry that the stuff in the attic is insulation! According to my bee/bat guy, you are probably safe to go in the attic since the bats have departed for their winter cruises by now!