October 06, 2008

Plum, with issues

Why must plums have stickers? Why can't there be sticker-free zones? Why can't the newspaper folks stop putting stickers on the front page that require me to do a stickerectomy before I can read the daily news? Not that it's worth reading anyway, but I'm just saying....

So what's the deal with produce? Is this for the benefit of the grocery store checker who doesn't know a plum from a peach? I happen to like eating plums in their entirety, so this forces me to remove the sticker and then, more than likely, find a sharp knife to cut off the glue residue. Maybe I'll include this little annoyance in my letter to the governor--the one I plan to write about the flagrant abuse of the no-cell-phones-while-driving law.


So I finished up the little embroidered apron project I've been working on for a friend.

It didn't turn out to be quite the piece of cake I'd planned on though. The two layers of fabric at the top (one a facing) was just too thick to get an embroidery needle through without a pair of plyers.....which would have then made it a Mr. Gadget project...heh...heh.... So I ended up ripping out some stitching to open out the facing. When I was finished with the embroidery, I stitched it back up with matching thread. This actually worked quite well to hide the backside of my embroidery stitches, so it does now look neat and tidy. And don't you just hate when that easy-erase marker won't disappear? Or disappears, and then reappears? Maybe I'll speak to the governor about that too.....


So the archaeological dig has begun here at Chez Macaroni in preparation for our move.

We've just barely scratched the surface of the Mesozoic Era. It's just a matter of time before we reach the Paleozoic, and maybe even the Proterozoic......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you write to the governor, ask her to do something about the bimbos in Barnes & Noble discussing VERY personal problems at the tops of their voices and disturbing everyone within a 200' radius. And who refuse to SHUT UP even when asked nicely by no less than four men. And when they finally did leave? Blabbing at the top of their voices all the way out! What is WRONG with people?!

Good luck on the dig. If you find any dinosaurs, call Aidan!

Maddie Can Fly said...

"So what's the deal with produce? Is this for the benefit of the grocery store checker who doesn't know a plum from a peach"

I worked a 2nd job in a grocery store with young kids. Not only do they not know a plum from a peach -- they do not know a peach from a nectarine! It was a hoot playing "identify the produce" each shift and the looks of wonder on their faces when you told them what those fabulous pieces of food were called.
p.s. Love the little frog dolls in the basket -- I made the same pair for my mother years ago.

kathy b said...

I agree. There outta be a law about those stickers on plums! ANd most fruit as faras I am concerned.