October 27, 2008

Halloween decor

It's so nice when a holiday rolls around and the house decorates itself.
This guy arrived at the house on Saturday, just ahead of Big City Girl, and took up a position on the outside of the upstairs bathroom window. Now, if we could just attract a few more....and an orb or two....we'll be all set for the little trick-or-treaters....
So BCG walked in the door and immediately set about doing a craft project with some origami paper I had unearthed during my archeological dig.

I'm not sure which way BCG leans when it comes to politics, but I have a hunch she doesn't hobnob with the elephants. The instruction book had limited options. I was casting my vote for the alligator.

Here's BCG on the right with her best friend, Jen. The two of them like nothing more than to sit at my kitchen table and partake of homemade goodies. This time it was chicken barley soup, BBQ beef sandwiches and Snickers brownies. And neither one of them is shy about asking for a doggie bag.

I don't know why it is, but after kids move away from home, they seem to discover a real appreciation for mom's cooking. That's why I'm careful to always have a good supply of plastic containers and plenty of big paper shopping bags on hand. While BCG is gathering up her stuff for the train ride home, I always make sure she packs mom's gourmet delights on top of the toilet paper.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that visitor stayed on the OUTSIDE! Eeeuww. Our bats are off on a cruise ship in the Caribbean, I think.