September 30, 2008

Would Grandma giggle?

When I eventually find a little free time to sew, I'm going to make these ol' gals:

Aren't they a stitch? I hardly ever buy doll patterns anymore, but when I saw this pair of spunky ladies by Maureen Mills of Sweet Meadow Farms, I sent my order off post haste. I have the perfect place to display them. Grandma Ferna's old rocking chair.

They won't sit there all the time though. I may put them to work. Like if we have company at our new place and they hang around till after our bedtime. I'll invite the little white-haired one to join us on the sofa so she can give them the look.

And if Mr. Gadget happens to leave his dirty socks on the bedroom floor, I'll put her right there next to the socks. He should get the message. So much better than me nagging.

Oh, and if one day I don't feel like having company....

I'll just prop each of them up in a window next to the front door. They'll be just the thing for scaring off annoying solicitors, pesky little trick-or-treaters, and long-winded neighbors......or even grown children who might be entertaining wild ideas about moving home.....

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love your lady dolls! too cute!
where abouts in CT do you live? I live in Northern CT near Mass border. Lori
lkin@cox.net

Anonymous said...

Well, you know what we did to prevent that pesky "moving back home" thing: we turned the extra bedroom into a big bathroom! Can't wait to see the condo!