September 19, 2008

Baggage guys get an A+

I'm pleased to report that my suitcase and I didn't once become unglued during our adventure around the Baltic Sea. The same can be said for Mr. Gadget and his, although a considerable amount of cash worked itself loose from his wallet. Those $25 Danish hamburgers and the 5-mile, $60 taxi ride from the cruise port to the hotel....in mostly stopped-dead traffic....almost emptied it completely. Good thing he didn't try to hit me up for a loan. I had big plans to meet up with some duty-free chocolate.....

And for the first time ever, I won the suitcase-unpacking Olympics. I had mine emptied and ready to stash before he even looked at his. I like the new me--the me who has wholeheartedly embraced the obsessive-compulsive rituals of returning home which, heretofore, have always been strickly Mr. Gadget's affliction, I mean specialty. A good marriage, they say, is one in which each partner encourages the other to grow and take on new challenges. Mr. G has made me a better person.

And now, here are ten pictures (oops...you'll have to count the stacking dolls too!) of my Baltic vacation.....the whimsical version.
Fashion statement - Stockholm style

Soap in the fountain - Copenhagen

St. Petersburg kitty out for a little sight-seeing.

Deep in the heart of Tallinn, Estonia Sheep in a shop - Tallinn

Stitching doll in a shop window - Tallinn (such a whimsical place!)

The shop greeter - Tallinn (ok, I couldn't stop taking pictures here)

Tattoo parlor......for that special souvenir - Tallinn

Street performer (making like a statue) in Gdansk, Poland


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Looks like a GREAT trip....but when you catch up with all the financial happenings since you left, you might wish you had stayed! We could be looking at $25 burgers ourselves, any day now! BTW, any possibility you could do R'beck on Saturday? Noel and Liza want to take the kids on Sunday.

kathy b said...

Love all the pictures you choose. My favorites....the cat in the back of the car! I've only seen that a few times and I find it amazing. I'd love to take our dear cat out for a ride and a sit inthe sun!
THe sheep in the shop were darling. Tattoo parlor! Glad you had a great time.

Conni said...

Great travel pictures! Looks like you had fun. I love that life-sized shop greeter doll!