August 16, 2006

Winona


Here is Winona, my latest witchy creation. I've pinned her hand up on her chest. She looks like she's havin' one of those hot flashes and might be about ready to throw off that boa. Actually, I just wanted to show off the embroidered spider and the painted fingernails. She's all gussied up for a night on the town, but from that expression it looks like she might have been stood up. Well, who'd want to go out with a gal with spiders crawlin' all over her. Really!

Winona might go up on eBay tomorrow, if I can get everything together by then. I do like to write a humorous description of each doll, and that takes a little time. The auction for Ladybug Loretta ends tonight and I do have one bid.....from the buyer who purchased my graduate with the pink sneakers. It's always fun to sell a doll to someone who might actually be bordering on.....should I say it......."collector!" I must be honest though. I'm secretly hoping for one of those sniping, last-minute bidding frenzies....

I really should be working on a couple of dolls for friends, but I've gotten carried away with another witch. It must be the little bit of cool air that blows into the treehouse now and then, making me think it's almost fall. I found some cute black and white fabric with a ghost print yesterday at Joann's....when I just stopped in for some notions....heh, heh.... I could just visualize a witch in black and white, with a bit of tea dye to take the edge off. She'd be just the one to wear the fishnet stockings with some red patent leather boots. And maybe a red rose on her hat and some other whimsical accessories. I'm thinking of a big green spider sittin' somewhere on her too. Poor thing, she probably won't have any men runnin' after her either...

As for the knitting, the dust mop sweater is all put together and today I finished the crocheted trim. It calls for one row of single crochet, and another row of reverse single crochet. Yep, you actually have to crochet backwards....which takes a little practice. That's why I had to do it twice. I had to get the hang of it, and I'm glad I did. It now has a nice finished edge. I will give it a final bit of blocking and sew on the snaps. Oh yeah. I forgot the snaps yesterday when I was at Joann's. Guess I'll have to make another trip to the fabric store.....

2 comments:

Conni said...

Winona is adorable - reminds me of Hermione Gingold...

kathy b said...

Winona is too cute. Glad she found a good home fast!