August 29, 2006

Scarecrow



Here is the Scarecrow....the one I made mention of in my last post. He doesn't look very scary, so I'm sure those crows will have a real heyday with him. Tomorrow he will be going along with a group of friends to the little shop where I sell a few things.

I think I mentioned once about my thoughts to create a calendar using pictures of my dolls for the twelve months. Today I wrote up a list to see if I had an appropriate doll for each month, and I think I do. I may even have the pictures saved, so I won't have to make anything new. Mr. Scarecrow would be my September choice.

A snowman would be for January, Veronica the Valentine angel would be February, and Mr. Leprechaun would fill the bill for March. The frog would be good for April, since he's a springy character. The Red Hat Lady might work for May, since that's Mother's Day month. June would be for graduates--maybe the one with the pink sneakers. Uncle Sam's a definite for July, and August--well, I'm not sure. I was thinking of a chef in a BBQ print for summer picnics. I'd have to make that guy. October would be Winona the witch or one of the others, November is for pilgrims, and a Santa for December. I guess all of these pictures would have to be put on a CD or some such thing and taken to the printer. I'm pretty sure I'll be calling Tech Guy.....

So it's been raining for days here in the northeast, and it's pretty bleak up here in my treehouse. By the way, it's not really a treehouse. It's Tech Guy's old room, and the nicest one in the house--or at least I think so. It's upstairs on the corner with windows on two sides that look out on lots of trees. In a few weeks it will be very colorful when the leaves start changing color.

And after the leaves come down, I'll be able to get a picture of a really neat treehouse. The man next door had a wonderful one built for his 3 daughters as a surprise. When they saw it, there was much merriment and celebrating. Then one of them spotted a dead mouse, and the treehouse has been quiet ever since.....

No comments: