August 25, 2006

Scan fan



Monkey has returned to help me celebrate my healthy teeth and heart. The four dental appointments, now behind me, have fixed me up with a nice set of chompers. And today I visited the office of the cardiologist for an echo-stress test. Seems my doc (the ever-vigilant one) was not happy with the sound she was (or wasn't) hearing when listening to my neck through her stethescope. But not to worry, my heart is healthy, and now I have no excuse not to exercise. This has been my week of scans. But as I was stretched out on one of the various scan tables I got to thinking. A scan is better than a probe, a stick or a cut. Life is good.

Winona didn't sell. I'm just telling myself it's too early for serious Halloween buyers. I do have another option and that is the senior shop in a neighboring town where I've placed a few of my dolls. She will go there along with a scarecrow who's been sitting around for a year or so. I hope he remembers how to scare crows. After all, he's just got straw for brains....

And thanks for all of the "M" name suggestions for the next witch in my production line. She's coming along nicely, and I will of course put her picture here before I take her out west. Yesterday, when I stopped in at the local fabric store to buy a few snaps for BCG's sweater, I picked up a couple of new pieces for a sheep doll and another ladybug. They were out of snaps, so I had to go out again today to another store, where I bought some fabric for a snowman. Lucky for me, they had the snaps. I think I need Fabric-Shoppers Anonymous.

So I was looking around to see if I had anything crafty to include in this post, and I remembered a quilt I had made for Big City Girl several years ago. I believe the pattern was from Better Homes and Gardens.

It's a patchwork quilt, with 30 white blocks on which I machine-appliqued each letter of the alphabet, leaving the corner blocks plain. Then I hand-embroidered a flower on each letter, with each flower name starting with that letter. This is N for nastursium. It's quite a nice quilt (stay tuned for a full-sized picture) , but I realized right away that it would have to go into storage until she was older. Sometimes little girls think their beds are play areas for coloring, painting or gluing things. I probably rescued it just in time. I'll see how she treats her new mandarin-collared sweater, and then I will decide if she's grown up enough for the quilt. I'm thinking maybe when she's 40. Then again, maybe I could laminate it. Now wouldn't that be cozy......

No comments: