August 08, 2006

It's about the weather....



It's a wonderful day here in the northeast. The weather gods have blessed us by sucking the humidity right out of the air. It almost makes a person want to kick up their heels and sing. I'm no longer pining away for that delightfully air-conditioned porta-potty....at least for the moment. Tomorrow might be a different story. Those weather gods like to be tricksters sometimes....just giving us one of these kinds of days as a little tease.

So Loretta is finished and I've been trying to take some pictures that will show her off well on eBay. I'll try again tomorrow morning when the light in the treehouse is better. To tell you the truth, I'm kinda tired of her. After doing so much fiddling with her, I can't decide whether I've done a good job or not. Sort of like with kids. After all that fiddling, you just have to send them on their way and see if they take flight.

I've also been doing a little knitting. It helps me keep my sanity through all the dental appointments, the medical visits, and the busy week with company and the Block Island business.


I posed the sock on the classifieds because the colors remind me of newsprint. Or maybe reading the newspaper while drinking coffee with cream. For my non-knitting friends, the red thingie (a gadget I bought on my own with no encouragement from Mr. Gadget) is a row counter. It helps me remember how many rows I've knitted so that sock #2 will match sock #1.....when I remember to click it. I put it in the picture for some color. Shades of gray and brown can be pretty boring. I'm thinking of making these for Big City Girl since she likes socks in boring colors, just like her dad. I think there might be some genetics involved. Maybe she can wear these when she does the crossword puzzle in the newspaper.

So the other day I promised Tech Guy some lasagna. I have all the ingredients ready; I just have to assemble it--which I will do shortly. Even though he knows how to cook, he doesn't do much of it. Instead, he calls and emails to remind me of how much he loves a special mom-cooked meal. I'm a sucker for the compliments. So today he'll get the lasagna with special delivery provided by "Mom's Meals on Wheels." I'll tell him he can thank the weather gods.....

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Perhaps you will share the recipe?????? What is your ebay site?