February 19, 2006

Sightings


I've been having a little trouble figuring out how to put more than one picture on my blog. There don't seem to be any instructions anywhere. And I'm sure the Blogger people assume that most beginning bloggers have at least a basic understanding of how these things work, but that would not be me. Anyway, I thought I would practice with a few pictures of things I've seen in the last few days. And, if it doesn't work out, at least I know where the delete button is.

The dancing animal mural was spotted in Venice Beach. It is one of many around town that was painted by Rip Cronk. You can go here to find out more about Rip and to see some of his other works. This one looks like it has embroidery potential. I love the colors. The only issues I see would be I'd need a really big truck to get all of the embroidery floss home, and I'd need another lifetime to get it done. Maybe I'll look for another idea.

We had a bit of rain the other day here in Southern California. I know.....it doesn't happen very often. This little rain storm was over quickly and look what it left behind! This is only part of the rainbow. This may have been the first time I've seen a whole rainbow from one end to the other. I have only seen parts of rainbows in Connecticut because there are usually trees and hills in the way. I didn't see the pot of gold though. I'm sure it would have been gone by the time I got there anyway.

And the last picture doesn't need any explanation. I don't know if it's the same blimp I rode on all those years ago. I imagine it's a newer version. Hubby and I had gone to IKEA to look around--well, actually we went for lunch. They have good hot dogs and they're a real bargain! Everything you buy at IKEA has to be self-assembled, but not the hot dogs. I did find a cute little ginger jar lamp for my computer table, and, believe it or not, the lamp shade--one of those fluted ones--had to be put together. There's no way to describe it--you had to be there.

Anyway, the blimp lands and takes off from a field not far from IKEA, and I was able to get a picture as we went by it on the freeway.

Next week we're planning a visit to the local botanical garden where I expect to find some inspiration for my cat stitchery. Maybe I'll even see some flowers that look a little like what I've already stitched, and then I can give the impression that I know what I'm doing.

So I've previewed my post, and by golly it looks like I've managed to get the pictures in like I wanted them. I'd better go call Tech Guy and gloat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an experiment to leave my comment. I had to ask if you'd seen the "psychedelically" painted blimp yet? When we got back from Florida it was parked at LB airport.

I admire your ability to blog and have a blogging column and get pictures on it. Hope you gloated a lot to the tech guy!

Also your handiwork is so COOL!

kathy b said...

How did you figure it out? please share with me. I'd love to post multiple pics in a day, on blogspot.

kathy b said...

How did you figure it out? please share with me. I'd love to post multiple pics in a day, on blogspot.