February 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Tech Guy!


Today is my son's 24th birthday. He was two weeks late for his birth, but I must say he's never been late since. He's like me that way--compulsively on time. We take our commitments seriously when it comes to appointments and dinner plans and early morning taxi service. But that's where our similarities end.

Tech Guy has musical talent. He plays a mean piano. In both middle and high school he played saxophone in the jazz bands. Sometimes he played piano and saxophone in the same concert. I gave up piano lessons after a couple of years--and lived to regret it, just like my mother said I would.

He knows how to make a great baked potato with oiled and salted skin--in the regular oven. I'm strickly a microwave potato gal. He loves peas, and has even asked me to make him a big batch just for a snack. I hate peas and would only eat them accidently--like for instance if they were covered in chocolate.

He loves his VW Golf, and thinks I should drive a pretty little Passat. I'm strickly Subaru. He's a standard shift guy and I've graduated to automatic. It's easier on the arthritis. He listens to rap and it's mostly New Age for me.

So I arranged to have a raspberry cheesecake ice cream cake sent to his office today in honor of his birthday. It was a hit. It was the least I could do in exchange for the lemon meringue pie he made me last year.

Happy Birthday Jeff....and thanks for all the tech help, and for your patience and understanding. Tech Guy really knows his computer stuff, and I'm a slow learner....

An updated photo of the cat embroidery will be posted tomorrow. It's coming along!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
I just reread this post and realized I never mentioned anything before. (How rude of me!) Anyhow, thanks for the kind words. You're a good lady. I made some chocolate-covered peas in case you're feeling adventurous!
<3 Jeff